17.11.07

andcetera

I found the glorious niche that sore throats settle into: Saturday kids classes. Since it hurts to speak, we practice writing the alphabet all class, and I practice new ways of silently showing my disgust at their ineptitude.

the League of Extrordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier comes out today in English-speaking countries everywhere. And, with any luck, Japan. If you hear a distinct squeal of otaku delight in the extreme distance, that'll have been me finding it somewhere in Shinjuku or Shibuya.

Japanese apartments have little to no insulation, so it's very cold a-nights. It's a lot colder still if you don't check until the morning to see if your balcony door's open a crack.

Yakuza don't all have Elvis hair-dos. I've only seen one--the rest of them shave their heads. That's why normal Japanese aren't allowed to shave their heads.

No comments: